Arrival to Forever Spring Farm

On Friday, we arrived in Florida. Toby got off the trailer cool and calm after his trip South and has a wonderful field to relax in over the weekend, while I'll be attending Linda's first conference based on her new curriculum, Happy Horse Happy Life. Then, on Monday, I'll move him to Linda Parelli's Happy Horse Haven farm for my month long study program.

On Saturday, the morning began at dawn with feeding Toby, who has a fabulous, huge field to roam around in with lots of large trees draped with Spanish moss. He shares a fence line with some of the resident horses, so has some company with whom to converse. He has settled in nicely, but was mighty glad to see me when I brought him breakfast and attention.

 

Claudia and Bill Parkhurst, from whom I am renting a room in their house for the month, seem to know everyone in the Ocala horse world. This morning at 8 am, I was lucky enough to get invited to join them, along with another Farm guest/resident, to watch one of their friend’s (Rhett Fincher) exercise his young race horse at the gorgeous Hidden Brook Farm Training Facility (owned by Randy Bradshaw.) Rhett uses natural horsemanship to train his race horses, and it was a pleasure to see how calm and happy his horse was with all the hubbub of other race horses (many not so relaxed) coming and going to the track. I got a few photoss of him and his assistant breezing by.

 

Then, at 9 am, the main weekend event began … Linda Parelli’s First Happy Horse Happy Life Conference. A summary of the full event will be in my next blog entry.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 1st: Last Day of Immersion

April 14: A Bit about Bits

Fourteen Years Ago