April 18: Day Off

April 18 

Today was a day off for both Toby and me. After giving Toby breakfast and cleaning out his paddock, I drove to Homosassa Springs, which is about an hour SW of where I am located, to meet my college buddy, Mary Estes., who drove up from Tampa. She arranged for us to take a 3 hour boat trip on the river, where we went to the springs area and took a swim, ate some lunch (compliments of Mary) and toured around. The boat captain, Anna, was knowledgeable of the area and lots of fun. Mary and I were the only passengers, so we had our own private tour.  Manatees are scarce this time of year, but we got a glance at a couple, plus some turtles, a Blue Heron and Pelicans. 

 




 Then, back to feed Toby, give him some grooming and grazing before tucking him in and heading back to my room. Twas a fun day. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 1st: Last Day of Immersion

April 14: A Bit about Bits

Fourteen Years Ago