April 11: Free Day

Mondays are a free day. No formal lessons. I decided not to ride, and give both of us time for our minds to do some digesting. After I did my morning chores of feeding, grooming and paddock cleanup, we did do another tarp session. Okay, but still initial skepticism. I read him better. He touched the tarp with his nose in both directions and actually crossed over it in both directions. Still, I would say still more obedience than  confidence. 

I had a wonderful afternoon of being a tourist. My B&B hostess, Claudia, took me to the new World Equestrian Center (WEC) near Ocala. It is incredible … it is the “largest equestrian complex in the US situated on nearly 378 acres of multiple arenas (indoor and out), climate-controlled indoor stalls, a fancy hotel with excellent animal-themed art works, multiple restaurants, spas, gardens, retail stores, and even a chapel. The master mind and owner of WEC is Larry and Mary Roberts. To learn more about it, check out the website, https://worldequestriancenter.com/ocala-fl/.

Claudia was an excellent tour guide and fun companion. We walked around, eat lunch at The Yellow Pony Restaurant in the hotel and walked around some more. A fun afternoon! Then, returned to give Toby his dinner and tuck him in for the night. 






                                           Statue in front of outdoor sunken arena and hotel.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 1st: Last Day of Immersion

April 14: A Bit about Bits

Fourteen Years Ago